Policies & Procedures
for Entry/Add Codes and Course Overloads
Effective Winter Quarter 2012
• Add codes will not be given until the first week of class, for each academic quarter.
• To request an add code, students are required to attend the first day of class and sign up for consideration on the Add Code Request Sheet, provided by the instructor.
• Within 24-48 hours, the advisers will verify the prerequisites and other information for the instructor.
• With this information, the instructor will make the ultimate recommendation on which students are approved for add codes.
• Add codes will be sent to students from the Economics Advising Office, via email. Students may then use the add code in their MyUW Web Registration Services.
• If a student has not received an email with an add code by the end of the first week of the quarter, it can be assumed that the student was not approved to receive an add code by the instructor. Students may contact the course instructor for confirmation.
• Students not currently declared in an Economics major will not be considered for an add code for 4XX-level courses, unless the course is an approved requirement for another major (e.g. ACMS, Statistics, Political Science, Geography, Program on the Environment, etc.).
• Add code requests to the advisers or instructors prior to the start of the quarter may not be considered, and students will be referred to the instructions outlined above.
• Add codes will not be available for ECON 200A and ECON 200B. No overload requests will be fulfilled for these classes if they are filled/closed by the start of the quarter.
• Any misconduct or misuse of add codes will result in immediate dismissal from the course, and possible disciplinary action with the Department of Economics Undergraduate Committee.